12 Books of Christmas display

Eleanor Parker of St James Senior School London sent these pictures of her amazing display.  She says:

“The books are all linked to the theme of the day so ‘Five Gold Rings’ is Lord of the Rings, ‘Seven Swans Swimming’ is A Company of Swans etc – some are a little tenuous (So few YA/children’s books with drum or pipes in the title!) but I think that adds to the fun!  Under the flap is a short synopsis of the book and the cover.”

I think this is one of the most innovative Christmas displays that I have seen for a long time.  What do you think?12 books of Christmas 1 12 books of Christmas 2 12 books of Christmas 3

5 thoughts on “12 Books of Christmas display

1. This is a fantastic display and one I will definitely use next year. Congratulations to Eleanor.

2. We must have the best library teacher EVER! Ms Parker provides such inspiration for the girls making reading FUN. There is always an amazing display on her board or an interesting challenge or quiz happening!

3. We’ve really enjoyed this display and everything else Eleanor organises is super too. I always enjoy Open Day when she has the table set for a Mad Hatter’s tea party, with clues so that visitors can guess the literary guests. She has reading initiatives for every level and what’s more, follows things through so that the girls really make progress!

4. My very first memory of Eleanor was seeing her sitting quietly in the book corner of my nursery, aged 3, lost in a book, amid the chaos of a nursery at the beginning of a new Autumn term. I’m so pleased to see her passing on this love of books to others. Long may it continue!