What did you do for World Book Day?

Library Door

Slytherin door

Weasley door

On World Book Day, Eleanor Parker, the Librarian at St. James Senior Girls’ School in London launched an Inter-Form competition called ‘Judging a book by it’s door’.  The challenge was to transform form room doors with a Harry Potter theme.  This is what she told me: ‘I was amazed at the effort, creativity, detail and talent that had been put in to each door, it was truly awe-inspiring. Incredibly each one was totally different from the others. Doors included Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, a 3D shop set up with bottles and jars; Spider Surprise with huge hanging papier mache spiders; our very own St James’ Marauder’s Map; a brilliant 3D flying car and a 3D serpent; quizzes and riddles to solve, and heaps of genuine Harry Potter props! The pupils had so much fun setting up their doors and there was a real buzz as they all went around school looking at the other entries. I was so pleased that actually the whole school took part, including the Year 11s (with a bit of prompting from their form teachers!) AND the Sixth Form! Deciding the winners was one of the most difficult tasks I’ve faced so far as a School Librarian!’   Eleanor sent me lots of lovely photos, but sadly I had to choose between them and these are three of my favourites.  What a wonderful way to celebrate books – what did you do?  Send me in stories and pics – would love to feature them!