SLN – are you a member yet?

Most – though not all – of Heart’s readers know about SLN (School Librarian’s Network) and are members of this Yahoo Group.  Most of the work on Heart comes from members of SLN.  However, if you are a school librarian anywhere in the world, and you are not a member, you are missing out on a fantastic source of support and CPD.  The group was set up by Elizabeth Bentley, who is on the SLG Committee, more than 10 years ago.  The group runs as a completely free chatroom where we can exchange ideas, put those questions that only another librarian colleague can answer, and have the occasional moan!  The group also has a large collection of very useful files.    If you would like to join, create a Yahoo profile which includes the fact that you are a school librarian.  Then send a blank email to this address and Elizabeth will join you up.

sln-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

It is a closed group, but it doesn’t take too long for you to be approved.  Then you can join the most lively and informative online group of school librarians I have ever come across. You will still need your Yahoo Profile to access the files. See you there!

One thought on “SLN – are you a member yet?

1. Hi there, I can’t find the SLN on yahoo groups (though I did find a potentially very useful Eclipse LMS group!). Any ideas? Sounds like it would be perfect for me as I have just started working in school libraries for the first time!