School Librarians’ Network – an essential resource

A lot of readers will already know about the amazing email list called School Librarians’ Network (SLN).  In fact, most of the articles on Heart come from SLN members.  But for those of you who have not caught up with this amazing resource, this is how you join.  School Librarians’ Network is a Yahoo Group, and to join SLN you first have to have a Yahoo identity.  This is quick and easy – just ensure that you put that you are a school librarian, or if your job is of interest to us.  We have many authors on the list, for instance.  There are 1000+ of us on there so it is probably best that you use a different email to your school one, as there are a large volume of emails a day. (You can of course access all emails straight on the site).  SLN is a wonderful source of knowledge and wisdom – whatever you ask, someone, somewhere, has done it before and has great advice to offer.  We also have a huge files section, worth it’s weight in gold!  You won’t regret joining SLN, the brainchild of school librarian Elizabeth Bentley, who moderates the group. Simply send a blank email to :

sln-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

to access the group.  You will still need your Yahoo profile set up to access the files.  Hope to see you there!

8 thoughts on “School Librarians’ Network – an essential resource

1. I’ve joined Yahoo Groups, but I cannot find the SLN group. I’ve tried searching for SLN and “School Librarians Network” with no positive results. Can I be sent a direct link to the group, or an invitation?

2. Hi! I must be missing something as I can’t find the SLN Group. I guess it’s still running as this is a new post!

3. Yes it is running. Search Yahoo Groups for School Librarians’ Network, it should come up then

4. Search for School Librarians’ Network (including the comma) – it should come up then

5. I am also struggling to find the group in Yahoo. I’ve tried endless combinations of the words School Librarians’ Network (with and without the apostrophe) and am unable to find it. Any ideas?

6. Sally, the administrator of the group has set up a new way to join (if you haven’t already) Send a blank email to sln-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and you will be subscribed. You will still need a Yahoo profile though to access the files. – Caroline

7. Louise – the administrator of the group has set up a new way to join (if you haven’t already). Send a blank email to sln-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and you will be subscribed. You will still need your Yahoo profile though to access the files – Caroline